Our client is a leading private educational institution with a group of schools comprising of Nursery and Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Lagos.
We are seeking experienced, highly motivated and result-oriented IGCSE certified subject teachers to fill the following positions: Physical Health Education Tutor
The PHE tutor will work to develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms, and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates and explains basic skills, knowledge’s, and strategies of formal sports, games rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil, to the extent feasible.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd.).
- A postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a good school environment.
This vacancy is a full time position.